bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - How to stop PHP-Nuke spam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

wizzard35

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject:  

trying all the forums i can hopefully one gets read

hopefuly someone still reads this. im getting the same blank screen after login

i followed all the steps. i get the question when i register, i answer. i then click on activation link in email. when i go to login at that point it takes me to a blank screen.
wizzard35

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject:  

guild-core.net is my site

its still being designed so the theme isnt changed wanted to get the groundwork laid out first.

i removed the code from the index.php so i can still work on it.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject:  

I can't reproduce the problem: on your site, I successfully created an user "test2", followed the confirmation link and logged in.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject:  

hello, i could use some help for phpnuke 8.1. Is there any way to have it ask the question for a "new account registration" only? & not when existing members log in? or am i asking the immpossible?
thanks.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

I have used bbantispam in PHP-Nuke for 1,5 years without a single spam. I have put the installation code in config.php and thus get protected from spam everywhere.

I have a small problem. Guests that never posts can't chat, because bbantispam is activated and integrated in a part of the chat window, but it is not possible to answer the question, because bbantispam is just a small yellow field. The chat program is SPChat. I wonder, if I can modifiy the code of send.php, so bbantispam is not activated by send.php of the chat?
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject:  

I don't have experience with PHP-Nuke, but the following might work. Change

Code:
<?php include_once 'bbantispam/bbantispam.php'; ?>

to

Code:

<?php
if (! strstr($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], 'name=SPChat')) {
  include_once 'bbantispam/bbantispam.php';
}
?>

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject:  

Many thanks. This fixed this annoying issue with SPChat.
emero

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: *sigh*  

I was silly enough to install this, and now my entire site is -blank-
I deleted everything (the folder and the lines from the correct files) and it's still blank.
oh merry merry me!
Slacker

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject:  

Blank page means an error. Have you enabled error reporting to true in config.php?
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
I was silly enough to install this, and now my entire site is -blank-
I deleted everything (the folder and the lines from the correct files) and it's still blank.
oh merry merry me!

I'm very sad to hear it. This shouldn't happen. Please restore the files from backup.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: At Last  

At Last i found a programme that works for my webby. And the installation instructions were so simple and i am just learning all this PHP-Nuke stuff...Thanks... Laughing
sg_57

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Couple of questions I would love an answer to...  

Hello,

I was trying to understand. Right now there are two config.php files, one master file for the whole site, and which resides in its root directory.

Then there is a config.php which is in the 'Forums' directory (where phpBB is)

Which one am I supposed to modify?

When I alter the config.php file in the site's root directory, it works as it should on my local test server. But when I upload this file to my production server instead of my original 'config.php', browsing anywhere on the site comes up with an error message saying that MySQL is not working.

I turned on PHP error reporting, and nothing comes up.

I do not have access to the error_log files on that server, so it's difficult to understand what is going wrong.

To be clear: I am only trying to prevent NEW spam registrations and their subsequent posts, which are fully automated, they do not go through phpNuke, but are scripted to register directly into my installation of phpBB 2.0 (embedded in phpNuke). I do not want my registered users to have to see an extra screen every time they post into phpBB....

Thanks in advance for any help.

sg
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject:  

Hello sg_57,

you need to modify "config.php" which resides in the root directory.

Quote:
When I alter the config.php file in the site's root directory, it works as it should on my local test server. But when I upload this file to my production server instead of my original 'config.php', browsing anywhere on the site comes up with an error message saying that MySQL is not working.

Oops. I'm afraid you've got a small disaster. The file "config.php" contains configuration settings.Now your production server uses the settings of the test server. You need to restore the original production "config.php" from backup.

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject:  

admin wrote:
Hello sg_57,
Oops. I'm afraid you've got a small disaster. The file "config.php" contains configuration settings.Now your production server uses the settings of the test server. You need to restore the original production "config.php" from backup.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I was working long hours, and completely forgot to keep my settings separate, so that the database access details were wrong and I was sending the 'local server' info to my live box, which of course did not like it one bit.

...[hidesbehindcouch] Embarassed

It's working as it should now, will keep my eyes on it for the next few days.

sg

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject:  

Hello

1st of all this looks just what I have been after. At the moment I have not put this on my live site but am testing this on a test site.

It all seems to have worked where I get asked the question when loggin in, and then not asked again after logging out and back in again.

The problem is after a short while when I return to the site and log back in I get asked the question again. I thought users only got asked this question once then when answered never asked again for that user.

Is this how this is supposed to work or is there something wrong

Thanks for any help you can give

Thanks Mark

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ok.